Problems Starting Up

inspiresit

Hello,

I'm wondering can someone help me. I'm pretty new to this but I have a PC that will turn on and I see FoxConn on the screen. I then have to go into the Setup to go further and this was fine as it worked but now when I go into Setup and select the same option it just dies. Any suggestions would be very helpful.

You might want to try resetting the cmos. Unplug the power cord from the power supply, remove the cmos battery from the motherboard, press the power button on the case a few times to discharge any power still on the motherboard, wait a minute and then reinsert battery and reattach power cord and try booting up.

Unfortuntely, that didn't work. Is there any way of copying files from a PC when it isn't loading properly. I could re-install XP again if I had a backup of the files

You can't reinstall XP if your computer won't boot up. You have a hardware issue at the moment. Could be motherboard, hard drive, cpu, memory. Try removing hard drive to see if it will will boot up. if not,then remove and reinser the memory and makes sure all cables are snug. Need to figure out what hardware is bad.

Back