Problems with XP updates and wireless antenna card

Punk

Staff member
Hey,

Well my problems with my older computer started in september, when installing it in my new home. When I started it, it would go up to the Windows welcome logo then will reboot, doing that over and over.

So I tried to fix it, did system restore. It worked fine until I installed the drivers for my wireless antenna card. It shut down and did the restarting over and over. So I decided to buy a new card thinking the hardware was broken (it was pretty old...). System restore again, installed the new wireless card. Everything was working fine until I updated WinXP and it started again. So I did system restore again and now decided to run my computer with no WinXP updates.

Anyone had the similar problem? Any ideas on what the problem is??

PS: My WinXP is totally legit.

Thanks for any help :)

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
If you can trackdown what updates were installed that would help narrow it down. Were you only doing software udpates or were you also doing the hardware updates that were optional?

Punk

Staff member
I was doing the basic updates, the automatic ones. I remember having passed the Malicious Software update. I think it was the next one.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
You may have to install a few and then try it out and then try a few more updates to see what group may have caused it. Then try and single out which update causes the issue and not install it.