Professional LANs

Geoff

VIP Member
Well, I plan on hosting and help hosting them a lot, and I want to do it on a Professional level. We used Gig switches at the last LAN, and it was great for getting large patch files and whatnot.
I was referring to gig switches as well. But remember, if you are all trying to download a large file/game from one PC - even over gig ethernet, it will still run as slow as the maximum transfer rate of the hard drive in the hosting PC. And if you have 20+ PC's doing it at the same time expect the rates to only be a few MBps.

g4m3rof1337

Yeah, later tonight I'll sit down and write down what I want to do and what I should do, and come back and post it here.

Thanks.

CPTMuller

I know that at one of the professional lans I went to they actually just burned CD's and labeled them accordingly.
There was a CD case with disks like
COD4
patch 1.0-1.6 installers​

For the games they expected people to play they had several copies.

There was also some software they used to have a website hosted on the lan with the tourney sign-ups and brackets and stuff. They had a place where you could post things like "looking for 1 cod4 tourney" and stuff also... I just remember thinking how convenient it was.

Last edited: