Projector...

kobaj

VIP Member
Hello, I had a small I idea. Couldnt a person make a good projector by plasing one of those projectors (that sit on paper thats not transperent yet it projects the paper on the wall) and place it on a laptop screen? But I have a few questions, what are those projectors called, would they produce eny uv or ir onto the screen, and would this even work.

flame1117

banned
I'm kind of confussed on what your talking about, but do you mean a overhead? where you can print out somthing on a tranpaency and then project it onto the wall? im very confussed on what you mean.

Rambo

I'm kind of confussed on what your talking about, but do you mean a overhead? where you can print out somthing on a tranpaency and then project it onto the wall? im very confussed on what you mean.

No, he/she's not talk about OHPs (over-head projectors). We have one at our school. Basically, it's a device which works similarly to an OHP, but you plug it in your PC/Laptop/Notebook/Whatever and it projects the screens output to a bigger size, whilst not losing any picture quality (as in pixels), thus working similar to an OHP. They are very good actually, but the only con is that when you project it onto a whiteboard/wall, you get some colour loss as the white fades the colour slightly. And, the whole room has to be dark to see the screen (if you go to the link Yeti provided, you will see some pictures, and the whole room is dark...)

produce eny uv

No, they don't (atleast I think they don't)

would this even work

Yes, i have seen these for sale on eBay.

kobaj

VIP Member
NO, I am talking about a ohp but a special one. It is a projector that sits on top of a piece of normal white paper, and projects the image on the paper onto the wall. What if I were to place a laptop screen there instead of a peice of paper. Now does that help? If you understande then answer my questions.

Rambo

Could you possibly give me an image of this device you are talking about?

I have never seen one of those...I only know of OHP's that project transparent pieces of paper onto a wall...

Yeti

VIP Member
Yeah, we have those at my school (if I'm thinking of the same thing you are). I don't think they work very well with color though. The ones I've seen you couldn't tell the difference between different colored markers on paper. I think their main purpose is contrast.

kobaj

VIP Member
No, sorry I dont have a pic. And the color doesnt work very well...darn cause thats what I am basing my projector off of, except mine is just a lightbulb beside my lcd and a magnifing glass above the paper. It acualy has nice picture...if I could get the image to focase on the inside and outer edge of the lcd at the same time .

EDIT: Ya I already have uv protection and such incase you were wondering.