proof that OSX 10 faster than Vista?

DMGrier

VIP Member
I keep hearing that OSX 10 from apple is faster than Vista, I won't dispute the fact but is there any actual proof of this. Thanks.
 
I keep hearing that OSX 10 from apple is faster than Vista, I won't dispute the fact but is there any actual proof of this. Thanks.

I believe (as in; my belief) that OSX is 'faster' because it's used with hardware that's built specifically to work with it, to provide the best possible performance.

Vista can be used on multiple configurations of hardware which aren't built for any one specific OS, which can cause 'bottlenecks' in performance.

I could be wrong, but it seems plausible :)

-mak
 
It would be pretty damn hard to prove this I think...

Pretty much someone would have to post a video of vista and osx side by side opening and using different programs with certain tasks. I would guess that there will be some programs that work faster on OSX while others would work faster on Vista. I think it really depends on the developer and what OS they have in mind while coding their program.
 
This is just my own personal belief, so don't take it as fact.

Apple software will only run on an Apple computer (Unless it's been hacked). There are hundreds of thousands of different types of PCs out there. Making a PC compatible with hundreds of thousands of drivers leaves the user with some incompatiblity and bottleknecks somewhere. They may not be huge bottlenecks, but a few here and there can make a decent difference.

Apple has it right. They make their hardware and software together. They have a team of specialists working on creating drivers only for their specific products. Apple has a small line of computers for sale. Not hundreds like Dell or other companies. They have the time to give devotion and quality in their hardware and software instead of slapping things together and shipping it out to make a quick buck.

This, to me, explains why they've been so successful and their computer systems are so well liked. Again, this is my own logic, not fact. My own opinion. If you don't like it, deal with it.
 
It would be pretty damn hard to prove this I think...

Pretty much someone would have to post a video of vista and osx side by side opening and using different programs with certain tasks. I would guess that there will be some programs that work faster on OSX while others would work faster on Vista.

No. I don't think it's worth it.
I say this cause unix and windows is not the same, you can't comapre a unix boot time with a windows one (cause of different services), so this applies to it's program also.

However with that being said, the broken Hackintosh in my sig would boot up in 7 seconds while my laptop would take eternity. But then again, that's XP and not vista
 
It would be pretty damn hard to prove this I think...

Pretty much someone would have to post a video of vista and osx side by side opening and using different programs with certain tasks. I would guess that there will be some programs that work faster on OSX while others would work faster on Vista. I think it really depends on the developer and what OS they have in mind while coding their program.

It wouldn't be that hard if only Apple would change there license about "non-apple labeled hardware." Unfortunately theres not really a way to legally test it because, as Michael said, OS X is optimized for Apple hardware, so you couldn't fairly run Vista on the same rig. It'd be better to get a PC and a Mac rig and try both for both OSes on both rigs, but because of Apple's license, that's not gonna be happening. If someone DOES have OS X on their PC it'd be cool to have some benchmarks though.

EDIT! Speaking ofthe man, there he is right above my post! Benchmarks please!
 
Last edited:
I keep hearing that OSX 10 from apple is faster than Vista, I won't dispute the fact but is there any actual proof of this. Thanks.

I am not sure what you are getting at, but what you are asking is highly subjective. Apple has a way higher quality control of their product because they control the software and the hardware design. They can work out optimization on all levels. That doesn't mean that third party software won't crash or have memory leaks in OS X.

For day to day use, in terms of working and multi tasking with my Mac at work, I can say it is more efficient at being productive. I have multiple desktops, and probably 15 programs running at once and I get things done in a very timely manner. At my old job we used nothing but Windows, which I have been a Windows user for nearly 20 years now, and I don't like Windows in such of a work environment. So I used Linux. While it did a lot of what OS X can do, it was never as streamlined or as pretty as OS X.

Apple is not fault free either, and I have found some problems with OS X as I work with it, however I think that it is a great end user product.
 
I am not sure what you are getting at, but what you are asking is highly subjective. Apple has a way higher quality control of their product because they control the software and the hardware design. They can work out optimization on all levels. That doesn't mean that third party software won't crash or have memory leaks in OS X.

For day to day use, in terms of working and multi tasking with my Mac at work, I can say it is more efficient at being productive. I have multiple desktops, and probably 15 programs running at once and I get things done in a very timely manner. At my old job we used nothing but Windows, which I have been a Windows user for nearly 20 years now, and I don't like Windows in such of a work environment. So I used Linux. While it did a lot of what OS X can do, it was never as streamlined or as pretty as OS X.

Apple is not fault free either, and I have found some problems with OS X as I work with it, however I think that it is a great end user product.
No kidding, it freezes on me sometimes for absolutely no reasons whatsoever. (the School ones)
 
Back
Top