prosserFried?

wagskater

Ok well its high time i got my own comp so my mother made me a deal-fix our broken one and i get it well the problem was that when our processor fan died we had to get a new one and thought that it was going to be easy to install WRONG it was frigging hard and when we got it on we started it up and it didn't work so we took it to our local computer techian paid 30 bucks to learn that the fan and procceser came together so my question is do i need a whole new mother board or just a new proccesser? if the proccesser how do i get it off?

If you wana see a pic of proccesser just leave your email ill ill give it too u

ZER0X

VIP Member
Maybe youd need just a new Processer....It really depends if the mobo is fried aswell

You should be able to just pull the processer of easily

wagskater

Ummmm let me get back to you on that. The processor is an AMD something. I dont believe that the motherboard is fried because nothing else seems to be wrong. I believe

vortmax

ummm is it slot A or socket A? Does the processor sit flat on the mobo and the heatsink attach over the top with metal clips? Or instead does the chip and fan plug into a slot (like a PCI bus)? If you have a socket A, then the processor and fan are 2 completely different entities. A slot A is a touch different. How exactly did you change the fan...and explain "friggin hard"

4W4K3

VIP Member
he probably just had a hard time unclipping the HSF, and an even harder time putting it back on. i wouldn't be surprised if he 1) crushed the processor accidentally (its very easy on AMD chips) 2) forgot to put on more thermal grease after he fired it back up...and it smoked. both honest mistakes of course. you might look into a thumb-tab HSF, there much easier and alot less dangerous than the "screw-driver method."