PSU arrived and nothing turns on

Good Ol' Ramos

So I bought a PSU... nothing fancy, just a 550W no name to hold me until I can afford one from Antec or Thermaltake... whatever. Anywho, I plug everything in, and it doesn't even make a sound. The PSU turns on when I flip the power switch in the back, but that's it. The mobo doesn't light up, the power button on the front does nothing... what's going on here?

SimpleSimon

Check to see if you have anything lose. I remember I had the 20+4 pin from my PSU not plugged in all the way and I had a similar problem.

Good Ol' Ramos

I actually just did that, and both the 20pin and 4pin were loose. I plugged them in, along with the drives and whatnot, and I get nothing... the little LED on the mobo won't even light up.

SimpleSimon

Is the PSU powering up still? It's odd that your PSU will power up but not the motherboard. It sounds like something might still be lose, but you just said you double check all the plugs, right?

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
if you have a multi-meter, measure voltage across some of the molex connectors and the 20 (24) pin connector, if you get nothing, or you get wierd values then your PSU is kaput, if they are fine then your motherboard is kaput

dragon