PSU question

Flash_AAA

How do I know if I have a ATX power supply or AT. I just took out a power supply from my computer and want to switch to my 350 watt. Taking out the power supply can be tricky and dangerous. I found some sharp corners in my case.

Flash_AAA

Hmmm i hope so I am trasnfering it from my older computer the big connector that goes on the mother board looks like its missing on copper thingy while the other connector isn't that may mean its differnt right?

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Hmmm I hope so I am trasnfering it from my older computer the big connector that goes on the mother board looks like its missing on copper thingy while the other connector isn't that may mean its differnt right?
Dont quote me on this but if the plug fits then its good to go. They are made (relatively) idiot proof.

Scrat

I'd say its an ATX.
Check out this link, it has a diagram of what the ATX connector looks like and what each wire is for.
http://www.hardwarebook.net/connector/power/atxpower.html[/url]

Re the AT Power Supply, it usualy has 2 connectors to the mother board, each of which are the same size and are a single row of wires. To connect them to the mother board, ensure that you plug them in to the MB so that the Black Wires on the end of each connector are next to each other.

Hope this helps.

Flash_AAA

HAHA baby it worked. Yep it was an ATX. Now to transfer my pny MX420 and see what that looks like Thx for the help guys.