Pulsing Power supply

Dirkpitt289

New Member
I have an HP Pavilion a824n. I was having issues starting and turning off the computer. When I would go to turn it off it would hang at the "Windows is shutting Down" screen. When starting the Power supply would pulse. After a few restarts it would finally boot. I had an extra Power supply on hand so I installed it and BINGO it worked great. Reboot after reboot I had no problems. Now 2 weeks later the same thing is happening except no matter how many times I restart the computer will not boot. The PS just pulses. I replaced the PS again but this time with a brand new one. Same thing. No boot just pulses.

Any ideas?
 
What do you have the power supply plugged into? A regular outlet, APS, standard power strip?
 
Do you have a power issue at your home? You said the latest power supply you got does the same thing as the others. To me that sounds like you have a power issue at your house.
 
Back
Top