Purchase Bulk Laptops

Simister

I wish to buy about 100 - 200 used (aprox 3 years old) laptop computers. I notice that all the computer companies selling refurbished units market them for about $250. Does anyone know where I can buy bulk lots. I am interested to know where the refurbished laptop / desktop retailers buy their bulk stock. I am quite happy to purchase units that are also not working.

powerpack

banned
3 year old laptops? In the garbage.

Let me get this straight you will buy non working notebooks?

What do you pay, I might send you Pizza boxes if you pay enough?

Are you a bot?

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
I wish to buy about 100 - 200 used (aprox 3 years old) laptop computers. I notice that all the computer companies selling refurbished units market them for about $250. Does anyone know where I can buy bulk lots. I am interested to know where the refurbished laptop / desktop retailers buy their bulk stock. I am quite happy to purchase units that are also not working.

There are several IT companies that deal with the disposal and re-distribution of off lease computers. You could probably buy a bulk of them without an operating system for a decent amount. The small computer shop I work for uses Intechra, and we get machines for anywhere from $70-200 a piece, so you could spend a good $20K on 100 laptops.

The three biggest I know of are:

Intechra
ReTech
EPC

I had another one in mind, but I can't think of it at the moment.

powerpack

banned
There are several IT companies that deal with the disposal and re-distribution of off lease computers. You could probably buy a bulk of them without an operating system for a decent amount. The small computer shop I work for uses Intechra, and we get machines for anywhere from $70-200 a piece, so you could spend a good $20K on 100 laptops.

Intechra
ReTech
EPC

Honestly if the bot didn't already know that do think it will do well in that business? I think not.

I guess other than if he wants a government contract and then we all know how well spent that money would be.:p;)

Simister

Intechra
ReTech
EPC

Thanks for the info. I will check them out during the week. I don't need an operating system on the units. Appreciate your help.