Quad Core

collibr

New Member
Hey I'm not really that good with computers, but here's a quick question, I have a Dell Dimension 3000 and I was wondering if I could put in a quad or dual core processor in there? If I could would I have to change anything else or what do I need to do if I can even do it...doubt it...thanks!
 
Unfortunately, a Quad core will not be compatible with your computer, because your computer is currently a Socket 478, where the quad cores are LGA775 / Socket AM2+. So to upgrade to the Core 2 Quads / Phenoms, you'll have to upgrade the motherboard, and memory.
 
Unfortunately, a Quad core will not be compatible with your computer, because your computer is currently a Socket 478, where the quad cores are LGA775 / Socket AM2+. So to upgrade to the Core 2 Quads / Phenoms, you'll have to upgrade the motherboard, and memory.
Bump^^ what he said
 
Wait, so would it be cheaper if I just got a new motherboard and then installed a quad core in there or just to get a new one?
 
To the OP: if you're not familiar with what's inside your box, then you shouldn't be messing with it anyway.
 
Back
Top