Question about fans?

Eric

I took my computer to GeekSquad(yes I know, bad choice) but just brought it to them for a few questions. I originally went in and was going to ask if they installed motherboards, but they don't do that anymore due to people suing them. But he was looking at the fans I have inside my computer, 1 in the front, 1 in the back and the 1 small on on the motherboard. He told me I had a good computer case because it had to slots on the top so I could add 2 more fans, but told me I couldn't on this motherboard due to not enough fan slots on it. He did say I could buy a dual fan mount that sat on top of the case itself that I could plug into a wall outlet that would cool it down from up top. Does anyone know where I could buy that? I tried looking online but not much information was there. Sorry for my lack of terms.

Laquer Head

Why not buy a simple fan splitter and keep everything inside the case and not be annoying and look tacky!? Literally $5 fix!

buy a twin pack of Corsair 120mm or 140mm fans for like $20

For under $30 you can do this!

Last edited:

Laquer Head

or this^^

Bottom line, the guy at Geek Squad should have his fingers smacked with a ruler for lying to you.

The VCR King

Or listen to people on here!! :p
You know what I mean... if I have to take my PC to a repair shop, off to the downtown MicroCenter I go. They always do the right thing the right way and they don't try to bull me like GeekSquad would do.

Last edited by a moderator: