question about FTP and remote w/VPN

tremmor

Never used the VPN. Done the FTP and remote many times. Im more concerned about Leaving the home mostly and having access to VPN for security reasons. My question is do i have to sign up with some kind of proxy or port through another server to make this happen.

just asking and concerned. hackers maybe. i used both in the past. using wake on lan. open ports most people would not use. Strong passwords always. i just dont want to get into this mess and paying every month for something i seldom use. its not for business mind ya. personal use only but does not mean i do not have anything private.

On the other hand .....should i just set it up again and using the same way i have and consider it safe. (or at least let it go).

if it makes any diff im using windows 7 pro.
thanks

Last edited:

canivari

Never used the VPN. Done the FTP and remote many times. Im more concerned about Leaving the home mostly and having access to VPN for security reasons. My question is do i have to sign up with some kind of proxy or port through another server to make this happen.

just asking and concerned. hackers maybe. i used both in the past. using wake on lan. open ports most people would not use. Strong passwords always. i just dont want to get into this mess and paying every month for something i seldom use. its not for business mind ya. personal use only but does not mean i do not have anything private.

On the other hand .....should i just set it up again and using the same way i have and consider it safe. (or at least let it go).

if it makes any diff im using windows 7 pro.
thanks

You could try logmein the free edition.
Its faster than VPNs and got 128Bits encryption end to end conection.
Hope that helps