Quick Question When Installing OS

Fritzjavel

New Member
If i use the upgrade feature when installing windows vista over XP, is it possible to go back to XP if i don't like vista?... Because I don't want to loose any data, since I have alot of games and save data that are important to me... plus my other HD use IDE, and my IDE cord isn't long enought for the case to power my DVD drive, and my HD... Thank You Very Much..
 
I would suggest backing up your files onto a usb flash drive or onto one of the websites.
So far as I know though you can't downgrade without having to reinstall xp and deleting your music.
 
well, I think it may be possible. I had windows 98 on an older computer and upgraded to xp. After that in Add/Remove programs appeared "Windows xp". So because it was working very slow, i just uninstalled xp just like a normal update or whatever. But that was with xp, not sure about vista.
 
For vista, you can get the vista upgrade disc for XP and then uninstall it as below.

well, I think it may be possible. I had windows 98 on an older computer and upgraded to xp. After that in Add/Remove programs appeared "Windows xp". So because it was working very slow, i just uninstalled xp just like a normal update or whatever. But that was with xp, not sure about vista.

You bought the windows xp upgrade disc.
 
I'm not sure if it was the upgrade disk because I installed it from windows, without booting with the disk in the cd-rom. It also worked as a clean install.
 
Back
Top