Radeon X800 vs. X850 worth the price?

Is the X850 worth paying double than for the X800?

• YES of cours i would pay that

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • NO way you must be out of your mind for so little increasement!

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • I dont know, i wouldnt buy either

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Sounds like its worth it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Styleprojekt

I just noticed not to long ago, that the Radeon X850 XT costs twice ($1000+ vs. $500) as much as the Radeon X800 XT!!!!! Is this even worth it?

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Not a chance for the X800XT vs X850XT; the X850XT is just an OCd version of the X800XT. As for the title, if the X850 was a 16pipe card then id say for sure, since its not then forget it.

Bang for buck you're best off with the X800XL now :)

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
x850 is barely more powerful than the x800, waste your money if you like but I wouldn't touch it

Tokinbudz

Yeah I dont understand why they would do that, release a card with such minimal increases and charge almost double the price. Nvidia was going to do this as well (6850) but decided it wasnt worth it and instead is putting all their time into the next series (6900 im guessing). I figured the x850 would be about $100-$150 more then the x800, but double is hilarious.

Blade

ive got the age old X800 and i am yet to find a game it cant play so...i dont see why you'd pay more

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah I dont understand why they would do that, release a card with such minimal increases and charge almost double the price. Nvidia was going to do this as well (6850) but decided it wasnt worth it and instead is putting all their time into the next series (6900 im guessing). I figured the x850 would be about $100-$150 more then the x800, but double is hilarious.
Not just that they shot the X700 line.

As a Canadian im ashamed of ATi. (pause). Damn. :D