ram help =.=

kalson

hey ppl, need help a bit :p i have a pc 2700 512 mb ram, then lately my friend gave me his DDR333 256 ram, jus wonderin if i put it together will it make my pc crash and screw up ??? cuz b4 i had different ram for my old pc, and it burned the mobo :eek: so help plz :)

rhys

yesh it will work fine but basically u have to be carefull what RAM ( Random Access Memory ) you put in there :)

kalson

ya it fits, but i think its jus me , or i think my pc is bit slow :eek: or mayb jus it needs to rest after a couple of days of leavin it overnite to download movies :D

kalson

it seems like, but i think its jus tat i left it on for too long :p mayb after i shut it down for a while it would be faster :) i have rite now 768 :cool: lol

kalson

eh eh, nope >< , but pc running good now, after i restarted it :D thx for ur help n e way, ill do disk clean up and defrag in a while, and which ad-aware do u recommend ? cuz i unno

kalson

k thx, and is it a problem if my 512 DDR is kingston, and my other 1 is 256 , but i dun noe wat brand is it? all i noe it says DDR333 tats all

tristan

Nah thats not that big of a deal. You wouldnt be able to run dual channel mode with that. Your board doesnt support that anyway though.

kalson

LOL ya , when i actually upgrade my pc, i was thinkin in gettin ASUS A7N8X-X and getting a amd 2800, then im thinkin in gettin DDR400 512 ram, 2 256 for dual channel ;) tat good upgrade? and my video card needs to be upgraded also, i heard tat nvidia aint tat good n e more , so i might get radeon 9600XT

tristan

Nvidia and Radeon go hand and hand really. They each have different models that are comparable to each other. That board would be a good upgrade, get 1 stick of 512 though so you can upgrade to a gig and run dual channel down the road =) always think ahead.

kalson

lol thx ~!~!~!~! but lately ive been thinkin in a laptop, since all the upgrade is goin to cost me money, so i mind as well save a bit more and get a laptop!! so i can have 2 pc and do lan and crap =) its allllllllllllll good

Grimulus

yeah...the ram should work fine man...if it's faster than the comp can handle it will just downclock it...no worries man...considering it fits. :)

kalson

.... its faster now, since i jus turned off pc for an hour or 2 :p i had it on for like hmm 24/7 ?? downloadin stuff, then i used disk clean up, i found out tat i had over 100 mb or internet stuff... wierd .... also, defraged stuff and used Ad-Aware which helped A LOT, found over 100 stuff ..... " HOLY CRAP "