Ram Question!!!

ZER0X

VIP Member
In my BIOS my RAM is set at 256MB PC2100 but i had a look at the RAM inside my computer and it's 256MB PC2700.

Does anyone have any reasons for this, my computer is a compaq Presario and has Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG it's not a very good bios because you can't change much.

Any help would be appreciated :)

4W4K3

VIP Member
ZER0X said:
In my BIOS my RAM is set at 256MB PC2100 but i had a look at the RAM inside my computer and it's 256MB PC2700.

Does anyone have any reasons for this, my computer is a compaq Presario and has Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG it's not a very good bios because you can't change much.

Any help would be appreciated :)

could it be that the computer does not support anything above PC2100? if you put PC2700 it will underclock it to PC2100 if its not supported. that or it just does not recognize that perticular stick of ram and has decided that it will run best at PC2100. if so then you need to change it automatically, if you cant set it yourself...your scrweed?

ZER0X

VIP Member
Well thats what i get for buying computers instead of building it because It doesn't even come with an AGP slot, and only has two RAM slots...... pretty bad

ZER0X

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Depends on how long you want to keep this system for. If you dont plan on upgrading for awhile might as well save ur money and get PC2100.