Rate My Comp

SuicideMayne

Whats Up... Im New Here And I Have Been Reading This Forum For Awhile Now Got Lots Of Advice Off Of It... Well Ive Been Saveing Up Money To Build My Computer And Its Done... And I Would Like You Guys To Rate It For Me Let Me Know What You Think Specs In My Sig Thanxx

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Whats Up... Im New Here
Welcome welcome :)

And I Would Like You Guys To Rate It For Me Let Me Know What You Think Specs
1. If you dont mind me asking, what was the price tag on it ... it can be a sweet system and cost more than its worth

2. That mobo uses a i865G chipset (i.e., onboard graphics), I personally wouldnt have gone with that but rather a i865PE (less the onboard and a bit more features and capabilities) but I can see the chipset certainly hasnt help you back!

3. Good choice with the 6800GT a nice well matched part for the rest of your system :)

4. About the PSU, while it seems to be holding OK for your system, if you intend to OC more or put a lot of drain on the VC, you may consider one with a beefier 12V rail (you've got 23A if i recall so you should be ok but always nice to have a big buffer zone)

5. Im assuming thats a Prescott 3.4 you've got there (unless you were lucky enough to get a Northy) .... whats the cooling on that beast? :)

All in all, a hell of a system :)

SuicideMayne

Pricetag I Spend All Together $1,700 Includeing LCD Speakers Mouse Etc..

Yes Its A Prescott Its At 50 Idle And 64-67 When Playing Games For Awhile...

And Thanxx For Your Time On Looking At My Comp And Greeting Man...

Last edited:

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Yes Its A Prescott Its At 50 Idle And 64-67 When Playing Games For Awhile...
You ever consider aftermarket cooling? or is it just stock? (if thats stock, im quite impressed)

SuicideMayne

Its Not Stock Im Useing A VANTEC AeroFlow VP4-7245 90mm Ball Cooling Fan..

And As For Price Tag I Did And Edit On My Last Post And Put That In Is That A Good Price For everything??

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Dunno if I'd pay that much (it's been awhile since ive spec'd out an Intel box) but it certainly isnt overcharged. That's a decent cooler from what I've heard, buddy of mine had one of those and it served him well (well, until he found the Polo735) :)

SuicideMayne

Yea I Read On This Forum That Prescott's Let Of Alot Of Heat... Then I Got One And It And That Bad I Mean The Highest I Got Was 68 And That Was From Playing For awhile
And Look Im Overclock To A 3.8 So Im Happy With It lol