REALLY cool web browser

patternjake

Just tried it and I kinda like it. Its super fast but, the enter thing is dumb. It is really far from firefox but it may get better.

Thanks, thats a nice comment. Yeah i know about the enter key and that was no.1 on my bug list to fix- which yes has been sorted in the RC. Element was designed for speed as well, and also the mozilla based engine (ElementKit) will be default too. Dont forget this is only beta so alot is still going to change, and with that it will improve too.

:)

patternjake

Maybe its just me but looking at his screenshots all he did was take the office looking ribbon which has gotten a lot of ribbing due to people hating it and add this into a web browser.. Personally firefox and IE will always be the media giants and opera has a small share.. Not trying to be mean its obvious you have spent a lot of time on the GUI but i just dont think its going to work for most people. Show me you can beat AVG and avast on the AV side and i might consider putting your solution on a virtual machine to test..

My mum is a complete n00b when it comes to PCs and she got it straight away, honestly. I didnt just stick in a ribbon for the fun of it, it does have a SOLE purpose; which if you explore enough it will begin to make sense. Firefox only increased its share because of its supporters, and belive me i already have 200+ supporters behind me, and also the element engine that is included is BASED on firefox, giving it a major advantage over the IE based web browsers out there.

Of course AVG will beat my solution heads down; they have 2000+ employees, i am just ONE. But with my commitment i like to achieve to a good level. :)

patternjake

lol, for a minute that made me laugh so hard

i see people really doesn't appreciate others work. I myself haven't tested it, cause am not on windows. why not just try and point out the good stuff ? this will help the creator to fix faults with it. just because the dude said it's his doesn't mean we have to criticize

when i get a windows machine i will try and see what's up with it

Good point here. It does in fact help me when people say about good points and features that could be improved upon, not just pointing out what doesent work at the moment. If we look at firefox 0.1, it was bug riddled, broken, things didnt work, and to mozilla, that was a milestone. This current release is like a small milestone to me, so i can get people to test it, get there review, what they did like and not etc.

If im going to work on a project, like all other developers, we need positive attitudes to propel us further with our work. Critisiiam gets us nowhere.

Kornowski

VIP Member
Overall, it looks great! It's pretty fast too...

But I think, if you want it to get 'out' there... You'll need to add all the little things that people notice, like the middle mouse button, the enter button and such forth.

I'm really impressed with it though, I can imagine the time and effort that must have gone into making it! So, Thumbs up, dude!

If you need BETA testers, you know where to come! ;)

codeman0013

Am I the only one that has a problem with favorites? When i click on one it has an unhandled exception and dies..... also is there another way to access like a drop down with favorites in it like a menu? I'm not much of a fan of the favorite pane it really makes things small on the page....