Realtek HD Audio Manager pop up appears frequently

christy4290

Hi,

My cabinet is a bit older one. I get this pop up(attached screenshot) repeatedly and its annoying. Or is it an issue with the soundcard? Please advise.
Speakers - Creative 5.1

Attachments

• Issue.jpg
    Issue.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 5

christy4290

When that pop up comes, then only I could click the checkbox and speakers will work. I wonder if I uncheck that, where I can find it again.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
You should only get that popup when something is plugged into the sound card ports. It's basically asking you what type of device is getting plugged in. To get the program to open you just need to find it in the program list, which is called Realtek hd audio manager. It's probably also one of the programs that are in the startup tab in task manager.

christy4290

It randomly pops up even when I didn't click it. Is it because that my cabinet is old and may be the wire has a loose connection? But it doesn't appear loose.

christy4290

If I disable the pop up checkbox, then I have to go and enable it by giving Line-In in the first window and Front Speaker out in the successive window. And the speakers still not work. Earlier it used to work after trying many times.

porterjw

Spaminator
Staff member
If your audio cord plugs into your speakers as well via a 3.5mm jack (vs the cord being hardwired to the speaker), replace that. It could just be a worn audio cable that is randomly losing connection internally due to bumps or other slight movement.

christy4290

I have posted the pictures so that you could guide me easily.

Attachments

• Image 0.jpg
    Image 0.jpg
    282.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Image 2.jpeg
    Image 2.jpeg
    112.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Image 1.jpg
    Image 1.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 5