Realtek HD Audio Manager

I hope this is where to post this.

So I'm having an issue with me onboard audio. One of the audio ports is shorting out resulting in not being able to use it. Is there a way to force the Realtek HD Audio Manager to allow me to play any speaker/mic in any port? Or are they forced to be something specific (Line-In, Line-Out,Mic-In, etc)? Also I took my headset and plugged it into my front panel and have the "Make front and rear output devices playback two different audio streams simultaneously" checked however while streaming pandora.com my front speakers are muted and music is only being played through my headset and I don't understand why. Any ideas on either issue?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
You will need to buy a dedicated soundcard. You won't be able to get sound out of the other ports.

You can swap your front panel sockets around and have the mic socket be the speaker socket and vice versa. I doubt there's a software way to do it, but it's not too hard to swap the wiring over. In fact, aren't they usually the cables that split into little bricks at the end anyway? I think mine are because I had my left and right backwards for months because I was too lazy to open the case and swap the leads over