Rebooting for first time

Ryan_Sama

Hey guys, I built my rig a while back and decided its time for a good old fashion reboot. a couple questions before i go ahead with the big wipe, first. what is the prefered method of keeping things like pictures game saves and other items i cant bear to delete? second, once i reboot, will i have to go to every site to download all the new drivers again? 3rdly, when i first booted my baby on one of the first screens it said floppy disk fail, then it made me press f1 before i could start. is there a way to bypass that so it will start without me pressing buttons? ok i think thats all the questions i have thanks alot for reading ! hope to hear back soon!

Bodaggit23

You'll have to copy and paste your critical data to another hard drive or such if you want to save them. There are backup programs available, but they cost money and take time to run.

Go find your drivers before you reformat. It will be easier, since sometimes, if you don't, you may not have ethernet support, and that means no internet to go find them.

I have all my drivers saved on a hard drive so I don't have to keep downloading them.

Do you have a floppy installed? I've only gotten that error if the floppy drive cable was plugged in but I forgot to plug the power in.

If not, you can go into the BIOS and tell it not to look there at startup.

3uL

1) Backup your personal files to external media such as external harddisk. You also can move it to another partition.

2) If you lazy to download driver, you can backup it before reformat using drivermax. Google it.

3) If it said fdd fail, disable fdd at bios menu.