recent CF downtime?

mgoldb2

VIP Member
I also notice at least one of my posts have disappeared. I also notice a few threads newer posts are no longer there.

I to hope everthing is well.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
There are some issues with my web host, I am usually quite patient and tolerant of their downtime, but this time I am not happy.
Yes some posts were lost and around 40 or so members that signed up are no longer registered because an older backup of the site was used in the restore.

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Oh Oh!

This is pretty serious when you think about it. How has the host appologized? I think it was down for half a day right?

JAN :D

Christopher

VIP Member
I noticed it too. Not even 404's or refused connections like last time, I was getting a generic cPanel "your site is ready" screen. Same for WDF too.

I hope it's all taken care of now. Downtime is one thing, but having to resort to backups shouldn't become habit I hope.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
First a cpanel screen, then all the sites(including wdf) were resolving to computerforum.com but thankfully wdf is up and running again as well.
Things have not been fixed 100% yet, anyhow I am in the process of making alternate arrangements, havent made any decisions yet though.

OS Dragon

Man that sh*t me up. I thought it was my computer that was out of whack. I went around (on MSN Messenger) asking my friends to check it out. They think I'm a bit crazy now :eek: LOL

dave597

VIP Member
OS Dragon said:
Man that sh*t me up. I thought it was my computer that was out of whack. I went around (on MSN Messenger) asking my friends to check it out. They think I'm a bit crazy now :eek: LOL
maybe you couldve checked if another website worked? lol.