recomended upgrades?

ultima600

New Member
Processor AMD Athlon Quad Core 620 2.6GHzX4 AM3 95W
Motherboard AMD 780G - SB700 Chipset ATX Motherboard
Memory 4GB DDR2-800 Memory
Hard Drive 500GB SATA2 Hard Drive
DVD Writer 22x Speed Optical DVD Writer
PC Case Wizard Gaming Tower Case with 500W PSU
Video ATI HD5770 1G DD5 PCI-E Video card , DUAL DVI-I / HDMI
Audio 8-Channel High-Definition Audio, Realtek ALC888-GR
Network 10/100/1000M LAN
 
Looks like you're doing pretty good as-is, unless it's bottlenecking somewhere.

I can see you wanting to swap the mobo to one with DDR3 at some point for the higher volumes and speeds, but it's really not necessary now.

What brand is the PSU? If it's a cheapo you might consider a better one.
 
PSU is an Aywun Megapower 550w is that a cheapo? Im not sure. I want to upgrade the ram but im not sure how many ram slots it has or what sort of ram it takes. I bought this system pre made, i didnt build it myself.:) cheers for advice
 
You have enough RAM. Adding more vulume won't speed anything up.

You can get faster DDR2, but the only way to really get significantly higher speeds is with DDR3....hence my comment. I doubt you'd notice a big difference though unless you went with high speeds...like 1600 or more.

Aywun is an aussie brand I think. Not sure about the quality of them. You from the land down under?
 
Last edited:
from NZ mate :) cheers for info about the ram, i think ur rite about it its played evry game ive thrown at it so far like cod4, oblivion, prototype, left for dead etc.
 
Back
Top