recovering corrupted files on hardrives and sd cards on android devices

wwedude101

from what i heard, cmd is the best of laptops and desktops. on android devices, what is the best way to recover corrupted files? i only have a tablet but one of my hard drive says "corrupted files. format all? there's no other options besides that so i did and lost ALL of my photos. how do i recover them without relying on sending it to a shop? is there's a way to do so?

beers

Staff member
It's generally a file system difference between them. Windows only really supports FAT32/exFAT/NTFS. Android doesn't generally support NTFS, most Linux compatibility with NTFS is limited. If you mount an unsupported file system on a particular OS, it will generally not be able to read it but will offer to format it so you can 'use' it with that system, which deletes the previous file system.

A shop would probably be your best bet for attempting recovery as doing it yourself manually requires familiarity with working in these file systems.

wwedude101

It's generally a file system difference between them. Windows only really supports FAT32/exFAT/NTFS. Android doesn't generally support NTFS, most Linux compatibility with NTFS is limited. If you mount an unsupported file system on a particular OS, it will generally not be able to read it but will offer to format it so you can 'use' it with that system, which deletes the previous file system.

A shop would probably be your best bet for attempting recovery as doing it yourself manually requires familiarity with working in these file systems.
that sounds good. i want to relying on myself as well. and is there's video that can to show and tell on FAT32/exFAT/NTFS videos? and where can i find those?