Recovering data from a dvd: How to do it?

amandacstr

Hello!
I really need your help.

A few days ago i burned some very, very important files in a dvd and deleted from hd without check first if the files was not corrupted in dvd. Days later i needed to read some texts in that fu... dvd and my Windows Xp, 7, 8.1(yes, i tried to read that dvd in all Windows i have) and he doesn't see my dvd, he keeps reading my dvd and or stops to respond or ask me to insert a dvd! I tried to read in Debian Wheezy last version and Ubuntu and i got exactly the same thing, but i'm sure my files are there(dvd). I tried IsoBuster but when i try to create a dvd image the software keeps reading and reading and never ends! I let him 3 days trying to read and create an image but nothing stoped( %30 after three days!).

I tried cdroller and diskinestigator, but nothing, like isobuster they stops to respond. I believe the problem is Linux and Windows start to read dvd/cd from a phisical point in the dvd(i believe is the same point for both), but both can't find this place, thats why they doesn't see my dvd. If i find(if exists) a software that reads from another place, or use other algorithm for reading, i believe could work. Don't know if i'm saying bullshit.

I tried to put a readable dvd in the drive first then click in "extract image"(isobuster) then, in 1% change the dvds, but isobuster stop to respond. All programs stops to respond.

What can i do to recover that data? If i have to pay for some software, ok, i pay, but i need recover them.

amandacstr

Thanks for your answer!

As i said, i already formated my hd a few times. I believe is no an option anymore. I checked the dvd in three or four, not sure, different computers with Windows 7 and i got the same problem.