Recycle Bin?

EKev1221

I turned my comp on today and saw that i had something in my recycle bin so I checked what was in it and there was nothing but when i hit empty it said "Are you shure you want to delete "Windows". (But I see nothing) If i delete this "windows" will it delete WINDOWS or is it something else.

Geoff

VIP Member
it cant delete the windows folder because there are many files in it that are in use and the OS simply wont allowyou to delete it. Its probably some other folder that was happened to call windows, if its already in the recycle bin, then its not in use anymore my the computer, so i'd say its safe to delete.

EKev1221

But i dont see it
its like its not there but when i go to delete it it says there is something there
(Also if i do delete it and it messes my comp up will i be able to reverse it by sistem restore or no.)

Geoff

VIP Member
most likely you could do system restore, but it cant delete anything that windows is currently using, its not like you delete it and your computer will shut down. And try making hidden files visable, then you might be able to see it.

EKev1221

Well before i did it i wanted to do disc cleanup to see if that would help and it did!
That is weird that something would be sent to the Bin and not show up but then after disc cleanup it went away
Thanks geoff for all your help

dyserq

EKev1221 said:
But i dont see it
its like its not there but when i go to delete it it says there is something there
(Also if i do delete it and it messes my comp up will i be able to reverse it by sistem restore or no.)

The most likely reason as to why you did not see it is because it was a temporary file and thsee files are usually hidden, try using CCleaner to clear any files not necessary

Also if you delete windows system files no you would not be able to restore it because it would delete the windows operating system and you would not be able to use system restore