RegSeeker

DoubleVision

Hi. I ran a RegSeeker scan on my computer as it was running very slow at times and it came up with 931 registry entries that were labelled as the following:

Extension not used
Unused "open with" entry
File or Path does not exist
Invalid Active X/COM entry
Filetype not used
Obsolete Start menu item
Invalid Application Path
DLL file does not exist

Every entry that showed up ( of the 931 :eek: ) is qualified with one of the above labels.

My question is this. I realize I can damage my system if I delete things inappropriately. That is why I ask the experts here what is safe to delete from the registry clean up? Or do I leave these things in there. They look like junk, but what do I know? Something that appears to be junk might make the system work. Please advise me as to what the next step is. Thank you for your help.

:p

Last edited:

Byteman

Malware Destroyer
I have used RegScrubXP on more than a dozen computers with no adverse effects. I use it on my personal computer and highly recommend using it.

DoubleVision

RegScrubXP

Is that program better than RegSeeker? And, that sort of didn't answer my question...what to do with the results. Any advice? I used to have RegScrubXP, but then RegSeeker was recommended from another computer forum and I didn't see why I should have two of them.

Byteman

Malware Destroyer
never used regseeker. I usually run new progs on a test machine before actually running them on mine, so i don't know bout that one. those descriptions you named do seem pretty harmless though... any input fom someone who can vouch for regseeker would be welcome :)

Towelie

Have used Regseeker many times, on many different machines, just allowed it to delete everything it wanted to & never had any problems.