Reinstall of windows xp = "Error loading...."

Late3

New Member
Hello,

Today I was installing windows xp (7 times) and after the reboot of the xp setup I get an
error saying "Error loading operation system"

So as a normal person would I googled it.. I tried everything I could find..

Made sure the hd was found (there's two)

and made sure it was on "large" for installing xp (as seen on a blog)

and all I have is a contant restart of windows xp setup (the system worked before on xp)

What would anyone else recommend? this system is needed

Regards,
Danny
 
For now just leave your master drive attached and disconnect your slave as you might be having problems from that aspect. Make sure you have a good hard drive and not one that has an intermittent problem. Try testing your memory as well.
 
For now just leave your master drive attached and disconnect your slave as you might be having problems from that aspect. Make sure you have a good hard drive and not one that has an intermittent problem. Try testing your memory as well.

Well I'm getting a flashing "_" lasting about 1-2 minutes everytime I start the computer any idea's on how to get rid..? (only happen's with slave connected)

And the computer alway's fail's to boot from disc (not the linux one)

I'll give you an update in 5 minute's on what happened with removing slave

Edit:
OK so I removed the slave drive and I reinstalled the windows xp still the same error anyidea's this system was ment to be up 2 day's ago
 
Last edited:
Hi Late3.

Whenever I have troubles installing an OS, the culprit is usually one of two things.
a. Bad sectors on the hard drive, or
b. Dodgy RAM.
Have you tested the Hard Drive?
If not, you can download diagnostic software from the manufacturers website.
This is usually in the form of a .iso file to create a bootable CD.
Once you create the CD, boot from it and run an advanced test.
If errors are found, replace the Hard drive.
If the problem is RAM, try to borrow some "known good" RAM from a friend, and try an install again.
Failing that, perhaps your install disk is faulty or the CD/DVD ROM is not reading data properly. But I would expect a different error message in that case.

Regards
Iain
 
Back
Top