remeber that UT Mod i did.....

Xycron

banned
Just as an alternative for the plastic, 100% Silcone glue works wonder's. Fairly cheap and can hold a ton of weight(Literally, a TON, 2000lbs, Its what is used for fish tanks, big and small)

At least in the US where i live its about 4$ USD money for a tube.

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
ok, when i get going on this mod i will spend some time down the hardware store looking at all the differnt options

TO VORTMAX or anyoe else that knows..... will this be able to cut through 1mm steel (the case) and you see in the description, it states it spins at 10,000rpm, i know thats good for a hard drive but is it any good for a rotary drill type thingy....????

Thanks, dragon2039

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
Remeber that the one i bought is just £15, and its cordless, not mains powered, are you sure it would be able to cut 1mm steel

And i read that article..... my god im scared now, i think im gonna hack the living hell out of it :( NOOOO The UT2003 logo isnt exactly a "simple design" as that guy said to satart with, its got points and curves all over it..... Just for the record, how easy it is to do a curve cut with a dremel, is it easy or is it designed for straight cuts?? sorry if im soundiing real dumb here but im new to all this

dragon2309

TheChef

I know that AC powered ones cut steel quite easily and can do curves, if you got the battery one I'm sure you'll do alright as well.

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
I know that AC powered ones cut steel quite easily and can do curves, if you got the battery one I'm sure you'll do alright as well.
Ok, iff just take it realy slow and take it as it comes, something tells me im gonna need more than just 3 cut-off discs that they give you. Are all discs the same fitting or what, can anyone popint me in the direction of some extra ones.... also, waht is the fiting system like, do they clip on or screw on or what???

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
Anyone got a link to replacement/extra cut-off wheels, that would fit that one i linked to on ebay........???

dragon2309

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
nevermind, i got some.....

it seems everyone has abandoned this thread, dont leave me, i need help!!!!!

Anyway, major revelations have taken place in the time ive been away. Im straying from the actual UT logo thats sprayed on the case at the moment, it's far too complex witha ll the curvy points and ins and outs everywhere, and above all, the logo that ive got would make a crap window, its literally just the big "U" shape, not too good..... im making a custom design....

Now your all screaming, oh no, its gonna look awful, but relax, im a good designer.... took GCSE art and am always drawing etc...... Below is a link to a scanned image of the first design, the next one i'll do will take on more of a circular form.... Dont worry if you dont like the first design, i expect to go through at least 5 before i start to whittle them down

DESIGN SPEC 1:

Feel free to comment/suggest, even post up your own designs, all will be considered......... :D

dragon2039

ReturnToEmpire

id just carve slayer into the side of it, spray painting the case black and putting a red cathode inside to make the slayer red. it would look sick. thats a decent design but i bet u could find something better. im going to try and look. will edit.

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
well, its gonna be UV - red window with UV cathodes inside it, and ive updated my design, just havent got time to scan it in now, will do it tomorrow..... Its a lot more curvy than that first one

dragon2309

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
Well, after a bit more rounding and pointing, i came up with this, which is just an expansion on the first one, its also a bit taller and more window like.

DESIGN SPEC 2:

any more input.....

*EDIT* - thought you might like to see the current side

kf1m3p.jpg

There is a cool looking grate/vent below it but you cant see it much, im still deciding what to do with it....

Last edited:

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
Have a row of fans along it
silent fans, LED fans, oh the choices are so much...... and its only 40mm high, so fans might be hard to find..... and remeber its only a 500Mhz system, not exactly a hot runner.....

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Heya

Very cool designs so far. I definitely like the second version better. I would eliminate the "arrow-y" kinda shapes on the outside, or rather make the shapes more UT-Like (excuse the horrible illustration) :) Otherwise, very good job man!

dez.gif

JAN :D

Last edited:

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
Thats the only bit i was pondering over too, i added those at the last minute cos it looked a bit plain, im just trynig to imagine how it will look when its actually a window, not just some lines on a piece of paper.....

dragon2309 :D

*EDIT* - your pic has only just loaded, i like it, a it too complicated though, and as its my first time with a dremel like thing, i will want to keep it fairly simple.....

Last edited:

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
right, upon jans recomendations, i made a new design, i dont like it, so i dont think i will be choosing it as a final idea..... its too rounded now, i will roughen it up a lot after i post this one, and then post again with the latest design.......

DESIGN SPEC 3:

New design will be here VERY soon, just gimme a few mins to actually draw it.....

dragon2309:D

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
ok, another idea is here. scrapped thewhole concept of the first one, that looked too scripted and planned, nothing like UT at all..... so i changed around, come on from a more abstract angle, this is what i came up with in the last 10 mins.......

DESIGN SPEC 4:

any comments, i think it needs to be illed up a bit on the far left hand side, but in doing that i could well make it look a whole lot more planned and scripted again, and thats not what i want.....

dragon2309

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
You could always have a 120mm UV fan to fill the gap
Ooooh, good idea, i like it, so a hole in the metal case or extend the window and have the hole in the window???

*EDIT* - the case is only like half tower size, and with that design on the side, the gap is only big enough to fit a 40mm fan into, yup, i said a 40mm fan, even 80mm doesnt fit, i dont think its worth it just putting a 40mm fan there. too noisy and useless.

Last edited: