Remote Access

Yeti

VIP Member
I'm trying to set up my computers on my network to use remote access. However, when I try to add a user to be able to access a computer it doesn't see any other computer besides itself. I just have a basic home network setup through Windows XP. The network works fine for file sharing.

Geoff

VIP Member
How many people are on your network? are you using a wired or wireless network? What program are you using for remote access?

Yeti

VIP Member
I have my 3 computers and my 3 roomates computers on a wired network through a router. I'm using the Windows XP remote desktop. I was able to get it working by adding a password to the computer I was trying to get on. So now I (and my roomates) have to enter a password for that computer to log on. So I guess my question now is if there is a way to use the remote desktop without a passworded accound or if there's a way to boot directly to a passworded acount without entering a password (I guess that sounds pretty stupid). The reason I want to do this is that the PC I'm trying to access is a HTPC and I would like to just be able to turn it on and not screw around with logins and passwords and at the same time be able to access it from another computer to schedule recordings for the PVR.