Remote control question/ IT support

dannaswolcott

I have a question. Currently at my house with the 9 computers hooked up, Each one has netop, SynchronEyes, logmein, and VNC installed on all pcs. Things seam to run just fine here.

My friend has several computers that I administrator for them. May times I have to remote control them to monitor them or to fix something. My question is, is there any program out there we can link the computers to, so that I can just click on the computer and take action? With out having to go though logmein or changing IP addresses just to view / control a pc out side my network? Basically what I am asking is, If I were a IT admin from a remote location, What setup or program would work best for me to monitor/control pcs from my location? Thanks in advance.

ipndrmath

Just a thought: VPN and then use a local RAT, VNC, etc.

Would that work? I may have not understood your question.

dannaswolcott

Just a thought: VPN and then use a local RAT, VNC, etc.

Would that work? I may have not understood your question.

That might work, But how would I go about setting it up? What I am trying to do is develop a way to just be able to click the pc I want to access and access it, With out having to worry about typing in ip addresses and ports each time I want to connect to it like I do now.

ipndrmath

Well, what I would do (Keep in mind however, that I have not done) is set up a VPN, if they are all Windows boxes store the Netbios names in what ever program you use. I think that Netop supports this type of action. Or setup static IP to MAC addresses and save the IP addresses.

If you setup a VPN, then most LAN RATS support saving computes in "phonebooks". Additionally, and I'm not sure of the type of remote computers, you could use MS's RAT.

Your first step would be to use just one RAT, i.e. VNC on all the boxes, or Netop on all the boxes. Keeping track of which program is on which machine is just a headache.