Remote Desktop Connection

The_Rock

I hope that I am in the right forum for this issue that I'm having. If not I apologize...

I have a Win 11 Pro Laptop which I just got that I am trying to connect wireless, to my Astrophotography equipment. I already have it set where the scope is wireless and is working now with the mount itself, but there are all the cameras and other gear that will operate thru a mini PC.

I have mounted a Geekom MiniAir 11 PC to the mount, from which I will run from a remote computer, hopefully. I have a GL iNet mini router piggybacked on the Mini PC as well as you can see in the image. (I installed a router with antenna, that is an older image)

My issue is when I try to set up the Remote Desktop software, it is required to go thru Microsoft.account services which keeps rejecting my MS password. I spent the whole day yesterday looking for a way around having to use a password to get this remote app working. No luck at all. My password is okay and I've used it for years. All of the prerequisites for setting up both computers have been met as far as enabling the remote services, and configuring them.

Do you guys know of any good way to eliminate the use of a password so I can get this Remote Desktop working. Maybe another app or something, or a good setup procedure to get the Remote working. This is my first time trying this by the way, but I do have some experience with IP's and such

Thank you very much...

R Bell
Florida

Attachments

• Mini and Router.jpeg
    Mini and Router.jpeg
    329.7 KB · Views: 5
  • Remote Error3.jpg
    Remote Error3.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 4

The_Rock

I was just given a suggestion from a couple of guys over on the Cloudy Nights Forum, who solved the issue, quite easily in fact...! Surprised the heck out of me...See Below

Thanks,

Rod
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I created two Local User Accounts, one for the Win 10 PC and one for the Mini PC Win 11. I named the machines, machine10 and machine11, with new passwords. The Local User login allowed me to get around that darn Microsoft Account business! So it immediately saw the remote computer and connected. So we're all good...

beers

Staff member
You can also do things like localhost\ or computername\ to remove the 'MS account' inheriting the credential field and instead tell the system to do local auth.

The_Rock

I got everything working, but my scope response time slowed down. When I issue a command, it responds in 8-10 seconds, before when it was hard wired it was 0-1 second, immediately.

Are there some things I can check with in the software, network or wifi to maybe speed up my remote connection? I already went in to the device manager to the network tab, and unchecked the box in my dual channel Router not to sleep, when not in use... Didn't help.

Thanks,

R Bell