remotely access a huawei modem

prop

i don`t know if this is possible or not. my telmex fiber optic modem is in mexico , i am in the states. any chance i can access it from here?

beers

Staff member
VPN doesn't really mean 'go sign up for PrivateInternetAccess' or whatever provider. If you didn't set something up before you left or have some kind of backdoor like Teamviewer to an internal PC then you're probably out of luck.

I'd use something like wireguard, but depends on what equipment you are using, then you could just connect with a software client and either all of your stuff would tunnel back through there and then out or just the remote LAN subnet, depending on how you set it up.

prop

here is what i have . i have 2 different survailence dvrs with cameras. one is connected to my local fiber network and the other was connected to a videoloft with starlink interent. i was not able to view the videoloft when i got back to the states so i had a freind go to my house and disconnect the videoloft and connect the dvr it into a switch that is connected to my fiber network. the dvr i had originally connected to the switch has always worked with no problems and still does but i can`t connect to the other one.

beers

Staff member
I mean same thing as here