Removing Spyware

Hellbreather

Hey Guys,
Just a little notice if any of you have problems with spyware that cant be removed with SBSD, Adaware or the others just post the name of the spyware and I will tell you how to manually remove them.

Of course most spyware will be removed and I doubt that anyone will post here but the offer is open :D

Byteman

Malware Destroyer
There's a number of sites that will give you manual removal instructions, some better than others, and some more up to date on variants than others. the trick in manual removal is to correctly evaluate whether you have the instructions for the correct malware, or if you're dealing with a variant (in which case the manual instructions may not fully work). for those variants (which are becoming more and more prominant as of late), a bit of hjt and other removal aids are becomming more and more needed. Some newer hijacks are not even detected by hjt nor have any manual removal instructions. Those ones take some time... ;)

Hellbreather

Yes while that may be true Byteman, people may want quick answers, they dont have the time to search the Internet, and as for varibles they can be manually removed and hjt isn't always need as the task manager does exactly the same thing, hjt does shows it in more detail. I have manually removed 100's of viruses/trojans/spyware manually and never used hjt or SBSD or Adaware only AV programs to get the names of them.
I'am offering a quick service for people who want to get rid of spyware quickly thats all :D

Byteman

Malware Destroyer
and hjt isn't always need as the task manager does exactly the same thing
uumm..., hjt does 100x more than taskmanager, (startup registry settings, NTservices, various others reg settings, processes, Alternate data streams, host file management, etc...). And yes I agree, some may want quick answers... :)

Hellbreather

As long as we agree on something :)
Of course you can identify the spyware just from whats running in the taskmanager but I also agree hjt can make the process faster.

But still if anyone cant remove it automatically then post the name here and I will give you the manual instructions to remove them.

narafa

Hey guys,

I agree with HellBreather.People need a little bit learning to perform tasks manually because if we always lean on programs to do everything for us, we won't learn anything.

Programs do everything in the background and Bingo, we don't know what they did, just the spyware or the virus is gone and that's it. So what if our program fails to remove the bad things one time??? Someone who is 100% relying on the program will be lost and will run asking for help.

On the other hand, a user who have learned before how to manually remove the spyware and is using the program too to minimize the hassle will act differently when the program fails. He will be more calm, trace the problem in a correct way, and find the spyware, pick it up with his hands and just throws it away.

It's all about EXPERIENCE. I am not against your opinion Byteman. We have to use programs of course, but we too have to learn how to perform things the old fashioned way. If all the people in the world stopped using paper and started writing everything on computers and mobiles and use the storage and word processing programs there, they will suffer the first moment the electric current goes down.

Hellbreather

Thank you Narafa, it's nice to know someone understand what I'm trying to do here.
Of course wheter I will get any posts on this thread for actual spyware removal is a different matter but I hope I do.

Hellbreather

Spyware Doctor? Is that an anti-spyware program, and by cant remove what do you mean?
Also in order to help you I need the name of the spyware
e.g. Bloodhound.Exploit.14

Run a spyware scan and see if you find a piece of spyware, list it here and I'll tell you how to remove it

Hellbreather

Well the un-installer should be able to remove it. If not then you will have to try a program like file shredder or something like this, Spyware Doctor is not spyware therefore I do not know how to manually remove it, as I do not know the registery entries and things like that.