Reset Toshiba satellite A200 to factory settings

FXB

Hi CF users,

I had installed windows 7 on my toshiba satellite A200 laptop and everything was good until my computer started to randomly shut down. At first I thought it was my computer overheating so I brought to staples for warranty services and they gave it back to me claiming everything was ok. I demanded that they send it to toshiba to change the heatsink and clean the fan. That seemed to work for a while. When the problem reoccurred I reset my computer to vista. I later reinstalled windows 7 because I hadn't have issues with my laptop. Earlier this week y laptop started shutting down at random again so I thought it was a heat issue because my computer was getting hot. So I bought a cooling fan and brought it back to staples. Hey told me to do a clean install of windows 7. So that's what I did yesterday afternoon. The problem still arose after the clean install of windows 7 so I brought it back the same day and asked the tech at staples to reset it to vista Instead he showed how to do it. I thought it was going to be pretty simple but I had troubles creating a user account. Once that was all done I shutdown my laptop.and rebooted. My laptop stills shutdown randomly and the staff at staples want to charge me 179$ to do it even thought I have a 3year warranty.

Please help

Working with staples is not easy.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Download some temp software to see what the cpu temp is. If its not overheating then its hardware related.

tatkonasko

toshiba satellite a 200 sudden shutdown

Hi,
I see the conversation is old, but still want to contribute :).
I have had random shutdowns for some months now, so I tryed many different things- fan cleaning, OS reinstal ++. I found many people talking about similar problem related to power cord problems. Nothing helped.

Accidentally I discovered that if I had the button of the wireless turned off- the laptop didn't shutt down for many days. I bought an USB wireless and thought I had solved the problem. No problem for some weeks, until I installed LG pc suite. Had to turn on the build in wireless so the blutooth can function. The problems occured again.
Turned off the wireless, but the problem remained. Than I got the suspision that the blutooth is somehow involved. Managed to turn of PC in Safemode and discovered that LG had installed new blutooth, modem++ drivers. Couldn't manage uninstalling from Safemode. After many attemts with PC shutting down, finaly managed to deinstall( from Programs/ uninstall) the new blutooth things from LG. Restarted and than turned off (My computer/ properties/ Device manager and disable all the Bluetooth devices listed.
It is only the second day now, but I have my build in wireless on and the laptop is functioning very well with no shuttdowns.

Hope this helps for me :), but for some others too!
Atanas