Restart/Turn Off weird problems......

tnt27

hey everyone

ive been having weird problems with my restart/turnoff lately. well cut to the point, wen i click restart, the computer stops b4 the first BIOS (black) screen comes up. it just stops... i have to press my reset button manually. also i wen i clicked turn off, like windows and stuff turned off, leaving monitor black, but my comp fan GPU etc wwere left running wtf?, But now, wen i click turn off in windows, it resets the computer !!!!1! this is really annoying.

it all happened after i installed Symantec Antivirus for Handhelds (got it for free at shop :p) and i though that would be problem, i uninstalled it, then booted in safe mode, ran AVG anti-virus, spybot, adaware, M$ antispy, spy subtract, syware doctor, Cwshredder. i removed wat was found, but its still occuring please could someone help!? thanks in advance

atomic

Id check your power settings goto, control panel>power options>advanced. Make sure thats set right...i had a problem like this once and just changing that so when i pressed the power button it shut down fixed it. Hope this helps

tnt27

thanks for the reply atomic. i went to the power settings, i changed it from always on to desk computer, but nothing happened and the off button to shut down. its as though wen i click turn off, the software of my computer shuts down but the hardware keeps running and can only be manually turned off..

atomic

there are some tabs at the top of the power options box...goto advanced and look there change it to when i press the power button on my computer 'shut down'

tnt27

yes it was already on the shut down setting. but b4 i would click shut down from start menu, computer would be shtting down then everything turns off, now i do the same, windows is shutting down, it shuts down but fans, mobo etc keep running as per usual...

tnt27

hey atomic i went to that site, and it told me to reset my BIOS well change to defalut actualy, i did that and now its working perfectly thanks for the help!

also off topuc but still an annoyance, all my smaller icons in windows like the ones on the right of the taskbar and the start menu flag and log off, turn off computer icons are all fuzzy and 'low quality' u could say.. is their any way to fix this to make it look more rounded and better looking?