Restart while playing games

jimjai

Hi, there.
I have an Asus P4R800-VM motherboard. The system restarts while playing games. It doesn't restart immediately; it restarts after 10-20 minutes of playing. I do not have a video card, its onboard video. I am assuming there's something wrong with the onboard chipset video. Sometimes it gives me an error "Device failure" and then my screen's color goes to like 24color and stuff. I have also updated the BIOS to the lastest but didn't help. The temp is normal, no overheating for sure. Need help, thanks

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
I did not overclock so the voltage is defualt.
During operation there's no such thing as "default" voltage as its constantly in flux. Have a look, it's a quick and easy thing to check ... usually its the 5V rail that fails people

4W4K3

VIP Member
could be overheating or maybe bad ram or something. i would check temps first and then run ram through a few tests. do you bluescreen or does it just reboot? if it just reboots probably overheating, if bluescreen possibly RAM failure. like 90% of bluescreens are caused by bad RAM.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah i suspect it might possibly be overheating but that would be a hell of a case ... i.e., if the onboard video is overheating the CPU is definitely overheating especially considering (a) onboard setups are typically non-overheaters and (b) its a Radeon9200 based setup which dont make much heat even when pushed