RF Keyboard

Pappa Smurf

Hi ... I'd like to use an RF keyboard/mouse so my CPU can be very close to my home stereo system (short IC to amp). Is there any possibility the RF will interfere with the sound? It will be used as play source (mp3's) and discs. Long cables if better will be OK. Thanks, P.S.

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
I have a Logitech cordless optical mouse and it never interfered with other equipment.
Usually the wireless keyboard/mouse radio communication is made at a frequency of approx. 30 MHz, thus even your radio receiver won't feel a thing, because this is in a band between SW and FM.

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
I have two receivers (one for the mouse and the other one for the remote control) and both are very close to my stereo. And were no interferences yet.

maymaythar

Normally RF keyboard are using above 50kHz which is much higer frequency than the frequency that the speaker can generate. so it should be fine. THe larger the frequency use by the keyboard, the lesser interferience you will have from your speaker.

kb1ghc

but the pulse modulation, you get poping coming from the speakers, it doesn't matter what frequency it operates at.

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
it RECIEVES, it does NOT TRANSMIT
Wanna bet?
The mouse must receive some confirmation from the reciever, or else you can swing around the room with the mouse while the cursor stays put. But that's not the case: the mouse adapts his RF signal strength according to the capability of the receiver to keep up with it. That's why the batteries in the mouse have a shorter life if the distance between the mouse and the receiver is bigger.