Router interfering with phone...

Geoff

VIP Member
I bought a Belkin 802.11gwireless broadband router and a Belkin 802.11g wireless card. Since it runs at 2.4Ghz, and our cordless phones are at 2.4Ghz, i am hearing static when im on the phone, which gets louder as you talk. Does anyone know of a way i can prevent this without changing networking equipment of phones?

Bobo

banned
geoff5093 said:
Does anyone know of a way i can prevent this without changing networking equipment of phones?

Get a new phone?

Our phones have a filter to filter out the DSL static on the one line, maybe there is something that does that for wireless routers, but I doubt it. You're probably sunk

BTW, Microwaves' natural frequency is also 2.4GHz

Travo925

I don't know much about networking, but maybe try to change your router channel, default is usually channel 6, to get to your router config, just type in your router's ip into your website bar in your browser and change it from there.

Bobo

banned
Travo925 said:
I don't know much about networking, but maybe try to change your router channel, default is usually channel 6, to get to your router config, just type in your router's ip into your website bar in your browser and change it from there.

Are you sure that a different channel will change the freq? Ours says on it 2.4GHz, and there are other channels. I dont think it will change the freq. Doesn't hurt to try, though

Travo925

Bobo said:
Are you sure that a different channel will change the freq? Ours says on it 2.4GHz, and there are other channels. I dont think it will change the freq. Doesn't hurt to try, though

Not sure, Just an idea...

Maybe reset the router also...

Geoff

VIP Member
i reset the router, modem, and i have phone filters installed, but we might need a "whole house filter" that costs about $70. Because for some strange reason, it happens every once and a while, its not constant. And u hear static on the corded phone also.

flip218

VIP Member
I had a similar problem, for me it would actually disconnect my pc connected via wireless pci card.

I just went out and bought a 5.8Ghz cordless phone :)

anthonyrstanley

Ugh

geoff5093 said:
I bought a Belkin 802.11gwireless broadband router and a Belkin 802.11g wireless card. Since it runs at 2.4Ghz, and our cordless phones are at 2.4Ghz, i am hearing static when im on the phone, which gets louder as you talk. Does anyone know of a way i can prevent this without changing networking equipment of phones?

Dudder you know the problem just fix it with a simple phone purchase. UGH DUDDDER UGH!!

Geoff

VIP Member
anthonyrstanley said:
Dudder you know the problem just fix it with a simple phone purchase. UGH DUDDDER UGH!!

How would buying a new phone help? the static occurs on both corded and cordless phones, and it only happens once and a while.

And just to let you all know, i dont need anymore help with this, the static only happens once and a great while now, so thanks for your help.

Bobo

banned
geoff5093 said:
How would buying a new phone help? the static occurs on both corded and cordless phones, and it only happens once and a while.

It wouldn't help. You need a phone filter: something like this
We use them, and they work fine