RSS Feed

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
Why RSS isn't enabled on this forum? I think it would be useful to get notified automatically when new posts appear on the forum.

SFR

Truth fears no questions
am I mistake or can we choose to have emails sent to us every time there is a new post?

..anyway yeah RSS-aware programs are definitely cool...

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
E-mail notifications are fine, but in the RSS-feed you could get all new posts, not just from subscribed threads.

SFR

Truth fears no questions
oh I know..

UserLand did with Netscape's idea kinda what Microsoft did with Xerox's mouse....
(I know.. not really anyway.... )

..... yeah I think Im going to learn some more about RDF/XML...

late...

Christopher

VIP Member
I'd like it enabled too. Firefox's support for "active bookmarks" is great for forums. I thought I read something about vB going against something in the RSS standards though. Not sure if they fixed it, or if it will cause problems with readers.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
I dont know all that much about RSS feeds in relation to browsers and readers etc.
The only RSS feature, I could find on vb for RSS feeds I enabled, there was mention of this link.
http://www.computerforum.com/external.php?type=rss
When I want to see new posts, I simply click on the new posts link at the top of the forum.

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
The feed started, but I only get 15 new posts (the same ones) all the time. What could be wrong? I'm using FeedReader 2.7.
When I want to see new posts, I simply click on the new posts link at the top of the forum.
I also have a button on the IE toolbar which redirects the browser directly to the new posts page (as described here: http://www.computerforum.com/showthread.php?t=2137), but it would be interesting to be notified about those without starting the browser.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
ssshhhhh Chroder....you know how little I hate hard work, besides next I have to spend some time over at webdesignforum.com and fix stuff there...

ian

Administrator
Staff member
oh and then i will continue with some new work back here at computerforum.com but that will be a rather big project.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
ooopps that was a mistake
should have read you know how much I hate hard work.....

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
Thanks, Ian, for enabling that RSS thingy.
It's nice to be up-to-date with what's happening on the forum. :)