sata does not work with my old hd's

Beregon

I just purchased a new Sata drive from seagate. in adition to the seagate, i have 2 cdroms and 2 WD 150 Gb harddrives. After i had installed Windows on the Sata drive, and booted from it, the pc could not detect my other harddrives. The cdroms are working though. If i change to 'pata 1/2 + sata 1/2' from 'sata 1/2 + pata 3/4' in the bios, the harddrives is detected, but the cdrom stations are not.. can someone please help me?
i have phoenix bios.

Yours,

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
If I change to 'pata 1/2 + sata 1/2' from 'sata 1/2 + pata 3/4' in the bios, the harddrives is detected, but the cdrom stations are not..
Try setting SATA 1/2 and PATA 1/2/3/4? It seems you have a mobo/bios limitation on the number of active drives :)

Beregon

kof, how do i do that?

praetor, i only have 3 options on my sata drive mapping:

Sata 1/2
Sata 1/2 + pata 3/4
pata 1/2 + sata 1/2

thanks for ttrying to help me.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
praetor, i only have 3 options on my sata drive mapping:
Then im sorry to say that your mobo (or rather, the chipset) isnt advanced enough to properly implement SATA/PATA drive arrays. The simplest solution here would be to buy an IDE PATA controller card (~$25).

Just a curiosity: it seems that the available configurations violate ATA specs .... if you disable SATA entirely, can you set PATA 1/2/3/4? (you should be able to) ... what motherboard is this? :)

Beregon

ye, that sounds fair. i looked at the web based manual for my mobo, and from what i read, it isnt possible to use my sata as boot drive, and still use both ide interfaces.
no use in trying to update my bios?

my mobo is one ****(lol?) called FUJITSU SIEMENS D1627.. its from fujitsu siemens, so what do you expect.. ^^
Are you sure that buying a IDE PATA controller card will solve my problem..?

and well, actually, where i choose my sata drive mapping is INside the sata configuration; in 'main', i can configure both the ata interfaces and the drives on them.. :)

thanks prea, yoiu've been very helpful! :)

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Promise is probably one of the more commonly available makers although I personalyl have not have very good experience with their more readily available models. Highpoint is another brand, for which ive had very good experiences with