sata problems

thefnshow

New Member
i'm having a problem with my puter...i'm running 2 sata pioneer dvd burners and 1 sata lg bluray burner with 2 1tb harddrives...when i have the bluray plugged in it takes forever to get to windows..when i unplug the bluray it works fine..my q is am i using too much juice and the sata can't handle it or is my bluray fubar'd..alsoi have 2 nvidia 8800gts 640mb cards and a 850 watt power supply
 
You have 2 DVD burners + 1 Blu-ray drive? Wow! - How many SATA ports do you have on your motherboard? Your problem probably lies within the BIOS configuration....

I've heard that SATA technology is horrible for optical drives as far as getting them to work is concerned - at least right now - so until then, IDE is the norm. There's something with optical drives and SATA - some motherboards reject them like a transplanted organ - if you work at them, sometimes you'll luck out. SATA is a great technology, so I hate the fact that there is so much difficulty with SATA optical and motherboards.
 
I have a SATA lightscribe drive (with no issues) and 2 SATA HDD plus 1 IDE HDD running on a 750W PSU, So I would expect it's the graphics cards which have "pushed" it over the edge.

AFAIK - having an optical drive via SATA make absolutely NO difference to it's performance or at least this was true with DVD/LIGHTSCRIBE drives, maybe it's different for BLU-RAY drives but I still reckon it's a PSU issue ;)
 
there's 7 sata ports..i just tried unhooking one of the dvd burners and plugged the blu ray back in and experienced the same problems before...blu ray is fubar'd...don't buy lg drives...this is the second optical drive i have bought from them that went to crap really fast
 
Back
Top