Scanner motor speeds

Mr.Crowbar

I have a broken scanner and I would like to repair it. The double motor is either burned out or not working, does anyone know how many RPMs a scanner motor would produce. Is it diffrent for every scanner or is it the same for certain makes and models?

Thanks.

Hairy_Lee

VIP Member
i think you'll be looking for a stepper motor that is capable of producing small, accurate movements. you'll have to take a look at the existing unit and look for manufacturer and model numbers. then you'll have to get hold of a replacement

Mr.Crowbar

Hewlett Packard Scanjet 4200c

The scanner is currently stored at a friend house so I don't have the stepper motor either. The Scanner has been discontinued from production.

The_Other_One

VIP Member
Unless that's a really nice one, just look around for a new one. I feel quite sure it's much more trouble than it's worth to try and fix it. I got a USB scanner for about $10 new. It didn't have the box or anything, but it works great.

Mr.Crowbar

The_Other_One said:
Unless that's a really nice one, just look around for a new one. I feel quite sure it's much more trouble than it's worth to try and fix it. I got a USB scanner for about $10 new. It didn't have the box or anything, but it works great.

It's not that I mind doing that, it is just I would rather repair it. Call it a hobby.