screwey sound

kingdante87

I've had this problem for a while so I've kinda gotten used to it but if someone knows a way to fix it I'd be grateful. The problem is sometimes when a sound file is played it will randomly become staticy and screatchy and play really slowls. Once it starts it'll play the rest of the sound file like that. The only way to remidy the situation is to stop the sound file from playing and start over. It doesent happen every time I play a sound and its not like it does it at a cirtian place on the sound files or anything. It seems to me to be completely random. And it happens in all 3 versions of windows media player and winamp so I dont think its the program. Anyways its really anoying and I'd like to get it fixed. Thanks for the help.

ZER0X

VIP Member
Umm, with your music if you downloaded them, or got them from Kazaa then most of them are all like this, really scratchy and screwed so........ :(

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
If its a soundblaster card make sure you have the latest drivers ... fixed my ultra high picth problems when playing games with hardware accel :)