SD card formatting: which option? (Quick or Full)

JohnJSal

I am going to format a new (never used) SDHC card for my Nintendo 3DS (not for a camera, if that matters) and I'm wondering which of these options to use:

(1) Types of formatting operations
The following types of formatting operations are shown on the list:
- QUICK
- FULL (Erase)
- FULL (OverWrite)

QUICK:
This option is a quick formatting and only initializes the file system parameters in the card, but not
initializes user data area in your card. If you need to initialize user data area, use the other types of
formatting operations shown below.

FULL (Erase):
This option initializes the file system parameter in the card, and initializes all the user data areas
(Initialize it by executing erase processing (data deletion) of the card to all the user data areas). This
option has the possibility that it takes the format time long according to the capacity of card.
There is something that doesn't support to the erase processing according to the SD interface
device. The erase processing is skipped when "FULL (erase)" format type is selected in the
unsupported environment. In this case it is same as selected QUICK option.

FULL (OverWrite):
This option initializes the file system parameter in the card, and initializes all the user data areas
(Initialize it by overwriting the meaningless data to all the user data areas). This option has the
possibility that it takes the format time long according to the capacity of the card.

Thanks!
John