Search 42?!

Owner1

Ok, I've browsed the internet using every web search known to man kind. Google, Yahoo, Ask Jeeves, Alta Vista, YOU NAME IT! I've searched it! It seems that no one out of the billions of people on the web have ever heard of Search 42!!!!. While, not an extremely annoying or harmful to your computer, it hijacks your search sometimes. Of course when I first contracted this spyware I naturally brought out my anti-spyware arsenal. Hijack This, Ad-Aware, Cookie-Patrol, Norton Anti Virus, Spybot... The best in the business. NONE FOUND IT! Apparently no ones ever heard of this Search 42. I finally managed to track down it's homepage, which is amazingly unhelpful.

Please any help and advice you can give!!

THANKS!!

Last edited:

narafa

Usually, spyware are very difficult to remove using any of the programs out there, they are all crap and worthless. To remove a spyware, you will have to search for it's name in the registry and delete all the keys related to it's name and then delete the exe file of the spyware itself and make sure there is no traces to this file. You will have to make sure also that you remove it from the startup by using the msconfig command.

Uffenheimer

Same Search 42 problem

Let me know if you were able to fix the problem. I have got the same Search 42 popup when I google.

Byteman

Malware Destroyer
Owner1 and Uffenheimer, do you have AIM and or the Veiwpoint toolbar installed??? (one or both?)

Screenager

The Search 42 pop-up's are caused by the "vundo" trojan. if you google it you should be able to find instructions and tools to remove it. I hope this helps. I have just removed it myself after a month or so of trying so I am feeling pretty pleased with myself :)