See any problems?

alanuofm

VIP Member
grammatoncleric said:
I'm building a computer from components. Here is the parts list:
http://secure.newegg.com/NewVersion/Wishlist/WishShareShow.asp?ID=1588289&WishListTitle=My+Computer
I already have a monitor and I will be using it as a home PC doing a lot of video editing/authoring. Please let me know if something doesn't look right or if I forgot something. Any help is appreciated.

instead of getting 2 gb's of memory, get 1 gb and get yourself an x800 or a geforce 6800/6600. thats if you plan to use it for gaming purposes.

grammatoncleric

Like I said, I'm just using it for home computing. But I do have a lot video editing and authoring to do, so that's why the dual core and memory. Just want to make sure I didn't make a stupid config error or leave something out. Thanks!

drunkbum222

If it a playing games then drop the Pentium D and get AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Venice. Upgrade the graphic card and your fine with only 1gb of ram.

Last edited:

Lax

VIP Member
Like I said, I'm just using it for home computing. But I do have a lot video editing and authoring to do, so that's why the dual core and memory. Just want to make sure I didn't make a stupid config error or leave something out. Thanks!

Stick with the P4 and it's your choice on the 2Gb, I don't know video editing and how memory consuming it is so you'd have to ask Praetor about that.

lol firwst of all your mother board is HTT while your video card is PCI-express o_O it wont run.... either get a differnt video card or get a diff mother baord o_O and im jsut a amateur and none of u spotted that problem?

DCIScouts

VIP Member
Umm..., the HTT refers to the processor chip and the PCI-E refers to the Video Card... Two completely parts of the computer. So, yes your video card works with the mother board, and yes, the chip works with the motherboard... Unless I'm waaaay off here, but I don't think I am, care to back me up, Prae? Crome? Someone?

Lax

VIP Member
lol firwst of all your mother board is HTT while your video card is PCI-express o_O it wont run.

HT refers to Hyper Threading, which refers to the CPU. PCI-e refers to the type of slot on the board, they have nothing directly to do with each other.

Last edited by a moderator:

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
A better burner HTtp://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=n82e16827152047 and better ROM, http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=27-131-407&depa=0

800MHZ isnt amazing you may want to find a 1.5ghz
Where are you going to find a 1.5GHz BUS chip?

thats if you plan to use it for gaming purposes.
He not using it for that,
I will be using it as a home PC doing a lot of video editing/authoring

But I do have a lot video editing and authoring to do, so that's why the dual core and memory. Just want to make sure I didn't make a stupid config error or leave something out. Thanks!
Well unless you planning to do say, Premier and AE simultaneously (and then some), an Athlon64 X2 would suit the task much better

If it a playing games then drop the Pentium D and get AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Venice. Upgrade the graphic card and your fine with only 1gb of ram
Victim #2 for not reading posts

I don't know video editing and how memory consuming it is so you'd have to ask Praetor about that.
It's stupid intensive :p

lol firwst of all your mother board is HTT while your video card is PCI-express o_O it wont run.... either get a differnt video card or get a diff mother baord o_O and im jsut a amateur and none of u spotted that problem?
1. Lol i have no idea what you're talking about
2. You're absolutely wrong about incompatability

HT refers to Hyper Threading, which refers to the CPU. PCI-e refers to the type of slot on the board, they have nothing directly to do with each other
Technically, HT can imply support from the mobo

Lax

VIP Member
Technically, HT can imply support from the mobo

Very true, but at any rate it implies having to do with the CPU being used or the CPU being supported/supportable, and has nothing (directly) to do with the fact that the Gfx card is a PCI-e.