Service Pack 2 and hotfix KB833509

zero_no_uta

I've got a problem. I'm trying to run a program on my computer, but everytime I try to open it, it just goes back to my desktop. I've been told that hotfix KB833509 will fix this, but since I have SP2 installed it won't let me install the fix. I don't think it's included in the service pack either. Would it be all right if I just uninstalled SP2? I would use system restore, but a while ago I had a virus that made me delete my restore points in order to delete it. Anyone have any ideas to help me?

BlaBli

there is no problem uninstalling SP2, it can b done in the add remove programs... just roll down and ull c it in the bottom.
just make sure that u have the sp1 installed after u uninstall sp2.

sp2 sucks, making lots of hardware software collisions... and it is not recommended by microsoft :)

Verrona

zero_no_uta said:
I've got a problem. I'm trying to run a program on my computer, but everytime I try to open it, it just goes back to my desktop. I've been told that hotfix KB833509 will fix this, but since I have SP2 installed it won't let me install the fix. I don't think it's included in the service pack either. Would it be all right if I just uninstalled SP2? I would use system restore, but a while ago I had a virus that made me delete my restore points in order to delete it. Anyone have any ideas to help me?

It wud b fine 2 uninstall SP2, i went 2 add and remove programs (it's a the bottom). U dont need the system restore, however it wud have made it easier. Download that hotfix from here!

BlaBli said:
sp2 sucks, making lots of hardware software collisions... and it is not recommended by microsoft :)

Well i haven't seen or heard of this, can u show me this?? :)