Setting up a internet connection

kopanowsall

Ok I have a router Called d-link and it always did it for me and now i dont know how to set up my internet connection... And i dont have a isp cd to install it im a n idiot never learnign this so how do u do it

kopanowsall

Ok i ahve a local area connection cause my computer is connection with cable through a router but then when i check network connection theres a lock on the sign and when i try and repair it it says Failed to Query Tcp/Ip settings of connection. THere fore windows cannot procede

kopanowsall

I tired looking for drivers if thats the problem but i dought it how come b4 when i installed windows the computer automaticly configured trhe interent connection

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
You've been around long enough to know to post in the proper forum (which helps you get your answers sooner) *thread moved*

i don't know how to set up my internet connection
what type of connection?

and I don't have a isp cd to install it im a n idiot never learnign this so how do u do it
you don't need the isp cd (and a bunch of isps tell you not to use that :p)

oh yea I ahve a cable modem
set your router up to use dynamic ip (the router interface usually says so . at least for dlink ones they do. dynamic = cable, ppoe = dsl etc)

i tired looking for drivers if thats the problem
what drivers were you looking for exactly?

kopanowsall

Drivers For the modem i have. Thanks i cant access my router ont hwe comp that i need to configue acesses to but ill try it on this comp